The 2014 Alberta Food Banks Annual Conference and AGM is being held in Edmonton from May 21-23, 2014. It is an opportunity to share, learn, connect and network with the food bank community in Alberta. The 2014 conference brings together like-minded individuals and organizations interested in the food bank sector. The theme for 2014 is: Growing Our Thriving Network.
At the event, more than 60 delegates from food banks across the province gathered to learn about Volunteer Management, Media Relations, Board Engagement and Safe Food Handling.
Alberta Food Banks also took the opportunity to launch...
Peak of the Market has partnered with Alberta Food Banks in 2014 to distribute produce food donations to participating Alberta food banks.
All Alberta schools (K-12) and licensed day cares are invited to participate in a veggie fundraiser. Students sell bundles of Canadian-grown vegetables and half the money collected is kept by the school or day care.
Schools and day cares can only participate once each year and veggies will be delivered on an agreed upon date between September and December 2014.
For more information, visit the program website: www.farmtoschoolalberta.com
The Loblaw Extra Helping Spring Campaign ran April 4-24. One hundred per cent of food donations and 85 per cent of cash donations from these bi-annual campaigns go directly to the local food bank, while the remaining 15 per cent of donated cash will support provincial food bank programs. Thanks to the support and generosity of customers, in 2013, the Extra Helping™ Food Drive raised more than $1.9 million in funds and over 1.5 million pounds of food for food banks across the country. The next campaign will just before the holiday season.
This annual event is an opportunity for food banks in Alberta to come together and share, learn, connect and network with the food bank community in Alberta. The 2014 conference is being held in Edmonton May 21-23 and brings together like-minded individuals and organizations interested in the food bank sector. The theme for 2014 is: Growing Our Thriving Network. More than 75 food bank staff and volunteers from all across the province are registered to attend this 2-day event.
Two food banks are being showcased as part of the event - Edmonton's Food Bank and the St. Albert Food Bank and...
Want to donate food but don't know what to give? Most food banks have specific items they need regularly. These 'Most Wanted' items vary from one food bank to another, but we have created a list to help you support your local food bank.