Rural Assistance Fund
The Rural Assistance Fund was created to support member food banks to assist with various needs not addressed by other provincial and national funds.
To apply for this grant food banks must:
• Be a member of Alberta Food Banks in good standing for a minimum of 12 months;
• Operate in a community of less than 25,000 people;
• Participate in the annual national Hunger Count;
• Not received this grant in the last 24 months; and
• Complied with reporting on any and all grants received from Alberta Food Banks.
This funding can be applied for to assist with:
• Matching grants, Food Safety, Food Purchasing, Equipment - purchases, repairs, maintenance, Training, and Infrastructure.
A maximum of $1,000 per approved application will be awarded annually. The number of grants available per year will be based on granting 50% of the internally restricted funds designated to this fund at the beginning of each fiscal year.
If you require any assistance in the application process or need clarification on the new guidelines, please contact the provincial office.
Sorry, there are no posts at this time.